The job of an accounting clerk is to keep financial records like ledgers and often uses specialized software to record and evaluate receipts, expenditures, payroll and many other finance related transactions of a business organization.
Most important requisites for this position are an aptitude for math, familiarity with basic accounting procedures, a keen eye on details, and computer and generally ten-key proficiency.
As many other jobs in the field of accounting, clerks are an absolute necessity in any company and this field may provide jobs varying from basic entry level accounting data entry clerks to full in charge bookkeepers.
Sample Accounting Clerk Resume Format
Shane Bill Watson
#938 Willow St
Mobile No: 543-0877-256
Telephone Number: 764-8432-7422
Career Objective :
Wish to work with a reputed company where I can assure job security and showcase my excellent mathematical skills and keen eye for details which will be useful to the company in getting all financial records quickly and accurately.
Professional Experience :
Baxter Charity Organization: June 2004 to present
- Verification of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare, inspect, and maintain computerized bills payables and receivables
- Worked on implementing an employee cash checking center with the software section.
- Also helped in troubleshooting.
- Minnesota University of Finance and Business Management, Lakeview, MN – majored in Accounting, minor in bookkeeping
Achieved the “Extra Miler” award in my present company for working with the software department to develop a software to maintain the employee cash checking system.
- Internet browsing
- Solving puzzles