Media or Advertising Sales Agents of various media organizations are responsible for prospecting and clinching advertisers from client companies to place their ads in their media. The media can be print media looking for full-pages ads in newspapers and magazines, broadcast media looking for 30-60 second commercials radio and TV, and online websites looking for in banner ads. Advertising Sales Agents generate revenues from ad placements and earn commissions from sales quotas. And for many companies, advertising revenues are their sources of income.
Media/Advertising Sales Agent Resume Format
Martha G. Grace
West St. John St., San Jose, CA
Phone: (408) 335-8812
To be an Advertising Sales Agent in a large metropolitan media company, whether print, broadcast or online.
Summary of Qualification
- 9 years of experience an advertising sales agent for a multimedia company handling ad requirements of various media companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English and French.
Career Experience/Job History
2001 – Present: Assistant Advertising Sales Agent, Media Brokers Inc
- Cover geographic region or industry assigned to solicit ads and create a long-term partnership
- Assist client in specifying the ads by coordinating with in-house advertising designers or refer them to partner creative agencies and freelancers.
- Obtain ad space leases in billboards for resale to client
- Secure inventory of TV and radio spots available for ad placements
- Provide reports to clients on ad penetration surveys
- Harness social networking sites for ad solicitation.
- Attained sales quotas consistently between 2003 to 2006
- Awarded Most Promising Media Seller in 2003
2001 – Present: Various seminars on selling techniques
1998 – 2001: Bachelor of Arts in Commerce, Michigan State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request.