The aircraft design engineer or aeronautical design engineer studies and implements new flight technologies in the design of aircraft that bring better cost economies and operating efficiencies, whether in the military or civilian uses. The engineer may specialize into various design areas like commuter planes, helicopters, large commercials airlines, unmanned military spy planes, or missiles. They are more concerned with the front end passenger-facing technology while aerospace engineers are more on the back-end structure and powerplants.
Aircraft Design Engineer Resume Format
Engr. Kerwin V. Sharpe
Toca Hills, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 677-8011
Seeking an opportunity to work on various aspects of aircraft design engineering on a smaller scale commercial aviation
Summary of Qualification
- Extensive design experience being involved in the team that developed the Airbus A340, the Airbus A400 military transport and the A380 double decker.
- Excellent technical writing and drafting skills for documenting development work in original aircraft design as well as changes.
Career Experience/Job History
1999 – Present: Associate Aeronautic Design Engineer, Airbus, Toulouse, France
- Design and develop aircrafts for military and commercial use, both passenger and freighter types as well as their associated systems and components
- Specialize in passenger aircraft design and assist in the development of computer simulations systems of these aircraft.
- Supervise the manufacturing of parts, assembly of entire aircrafts, modification of parts, and the repair and overhaul of aircraft and spacecraft
- Recommend the procurement of select 3rd party aircraft systems and component suppliers
- Part of the team that designed and successfully built the A380
- Awarded Employee of the Year from 2006-2009
2002: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1995 – 1999: Bachelor of Science in Aeronautic Engineering, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Campus, Florida
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request