Airline sous chefs work for airlines where they are responsible for proper and suitable food production for the airlines passengers, crew, and guests. The airline sous chef leads the development and creation of different kinds of dishes that suits the varying tastes and palate of its numerous customers. He/she also ensures that food preparation and cooking as well as food service is hygienic and efficient. The airline sous chef regularly reviews the menu to make sure that the correct dishes are prepared by the kitchen staff and chefs. He/she also checks the daily stock of food and the performance of the dishes to ensure minimum wastage of food and supplies as well as proper purchase of needed ingredients.
Airline Sous Chef Resume Format
FinsburyPark, LondonN4 5LN
Creative and skilled chef is looking for employment as a sous chef for an airline company where I can pursue my passion while sharing my abilities in cooking.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as an airline sous chef.
- With sound understanding of hygiene and safety standards.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to meet targets and achieve results.
- High standards of verbal and written communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Airline Sous Chef, London Airlines
- Ensure that food items follow menu specification and meet hygiene standards.
- Monitor performance of kitchen staff and direct their tasks.
- Lead the development of new dishes.
- Manage food stock and ensure timely delivery of orders.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.