Airport Customs Officers are in charge of preventing the importation of dangerous goods, illegal substances and firearms to a country. They are skilled in searching and identifying these objects in the luggage and clothing of individuals entering another country through the services of the airports. Airport Customs Officers make arrests of people suspected of smuggling after checking the legal documents they carry and detecting that these individuals are guilty. They make inspections and examinations of freight and luggage and collect data to make reports that are significant in the combat of illegal trade.
Airport Customs Officer Resume Format
Harper Road, East Ham
Motivated and skilled individual is looking for employment as an Airport Customs Officer in a company where I can contribute my abilities in effectively halting illegal operations and trade.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as an Airport Customs Officer.
- Possess high degree of discipline and sharp senses to identify illegal substances.
- Knowledgeable of laws and policies regarding security and illegal trade and trafficking.
- Knowledgeable in implementing operational procedures in positive cases.
- Well-trained in security and arrests procedures.
- Calm, assertive and resilient with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – present: Airport Customs Officer, London Heathrow Airport.
- Efficiently implement routine examinations and inspections of luggage and people.
- Effectively handle crisis and cases of illegal trafficking and trade of drugs and dangerous weapons.
- Work with the team and coordinate all activities for the success of the operation.
- Documented cases and made reports for management and security use.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science Criminology, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.