Airport lounge receptionists work in airports where they are mainly responsible for overseeing the efficient flow of passengers and other individuals. They cater to the needs of passengers, their guests or those who see them off or fetch them, as well as the needs of the airport staff and airplane crew. They are also responsible for airfield access control. In addition, airport lounge receptionists monitor and make sure that the airport lounge facility strictly adheres to government security guidelines. They must be capable of providing impeccable customer service and must have exceptional skill in interacting with all kinds of individuals and passengers.
Airport Lounge Receptionist Resume Format
Innovative and dedicated professional is searching for a position as an airport lounge receptionist in an airport where my skills can be challenged and honed.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of professional experience as an airport lounge receptionist.
- Effective time management skills.
- Can confidently deal with a multitude of situations.
- Capable of prioritizing workload.
- Willing to work shifts and handle shifts during weekends and odd hours.
- Organized and efficient worker.
- Can communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Airport Lounge Receptionist, London Airport
- Regularly check and oversee the needs of customers and ensure that these are promptly addressed.
- Respond to queries of visitors and requests and needs of aircrew.
- Review the daily operations in airport lounge facility.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts,LondonUniversity
Reference will be provided upon request.