The Assistant Chief of Police is second in command in police agencies. They have extensive experience in managing law enforcement agencies. They help direct overall agency operations including patrol, investigations, training, recruitment, community service and other administrative service. They help develop strategies and programs to ensure optimal performance of uniform patrols, investigations, traffic and community service. They are also engaged in direct office activities and provide assistance in preparation of department budget proposals, maintenance of police records and recruitment of staff. They assist the Chief of Police in negotiating with government officials for budget appropriations.
Assistant Chief of Police Resume Format
Merseyside, L27 6EL
Seeking for a position of Assistant Chief of Police where my skills in management, law enforcement and strategic planning will be best challenged and further developed.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of experience as a police officer
- Strong knowledge of the code and policies in over-all crime prevention, detection and investigation
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Power Point etc
- Can communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- High proficiency in management, law enforcement and strategic planning
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Police Officer, London Police.
- Played a vital role in production of law enforcement presentation materials and training videos that pertains to community-oriented policing, school and community violence and narcotics investigations
- Collaborated with other law enforcement agencies in designing a comprehensive budget plan for the department that lead to the determination of key areas of funding priorities
- Led the implementation of strong drive to reduce violent crimes and crime against persons and property and achieved optimum result
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, London University
Reference will be provided upon request.