Athletic Directors supervise the athletic programs in a specific organization or institution where sports are implemented and made a part of their operations. These organizations or institutions may include colleges, high schools or even in homes or shelters. They oversee and manage the activities and programs of a sport or athletic team by setting tournament schedules and coordinating with school officials regarding events and status of athletes. Athletic directors are usually former coaches who have vast experience in the field of sports involving not just the athletic area of the sport, but also the financial budgets and impacts of the sport. They are great mentors and ensure that the team performance is at its peak.
Athletic Director Resume Format
Industrious and dedicated sports professional with relevant experience is hoping to share my skills as an Athletic Director in a promising university or high school.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as Athletic Director.
- Sound understanding of skills and techniques in ball sports and other related fields.
- Possess skills in drafting sports and training programs for athletes.
- Excellent mentoring and coaching skills.
- Capable of working with athletes coming from different backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly personable and works well with colleagues
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Athletic Director, University of Cambridge
- Created the sports training and physical endurance program of the basketball varsity team.
- Evaluated individual athlete performance, potentials and opened possibilities for further training.
- Sourced out extra funds for tournaments and games.
- Constantly consulted with the administration to continue pursuing athletic programs.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.