When applying for an Australian job, it is important to follow the Australian resume format to make a good impression. This also means using Australian spelling when writing your resume.
If you are not an Australian local, identify your country and the type of Visa, with the expiration date below your highlighted name. The date format in Australia is day / month / year. Below this, list your address, telephone number, and email address. These details serve as your heading
The first section must contain a summary of your career, which is discussed concisely in bullets. List your highest attainment in the field, your current job, highest qualifications, and notable awards.
Next, discuss your work experience elaborately using a reverse-chronological format. The heading should include the position, company name, and dates. Include a list of your important functions in each job and achievements, if you have any.
This must be followed by your education history, which is discussed in the same manner.
Your special interests are presented next. It is important to express your flexibility so write your most striking hobbies and interests. Last, since you are a foreigner, include a list of reference persons at the end of your resume.
Australian Resume Format and Example
United Stated of America
Working Visa – 02/April/2015
152 Madison, Wisconsin, USA
CAREER QUALIFICATION SUMMARY
- More than 10 years of practise and experience in plant supervision and engineering
- Currently the plant engineer in a multi-national company in the United States
- Licensed Chemical Engineer since 1998
- Result-oriented and a conscientious worker
Plant Engineer 2007 – present
- Determines the thermodynamics of the plant
- Devises plans to optimize energy consumption in the plant
- Performs day-to-day engineering functions in the plant
- Monitors supervisors’ productivity reports
- Performs site maintenance and installs necessary equipment
- In charge of maintaining plant hygiene
- Facilitates training and development among other junior engineers of the compan
- Outstanding Employees, 2008
- Engineer of the Year Awardee, 2007
Plant Supervisor 2002 – 2007
- In charge of day-to-day tasks of the plant personnel
- Monitors productivity of personnel and machines
- Prepares day-to-day productivity reports
- Performs minor machine and equipment maintenance
- Assisted the Plant Engineer in activities relating to the different aspects of the plant
Engineer in Training 1998 – 2002
- Assists the plant supervisor in monitoring the day-to-day processes in the plant
- Organised daily reports on machine and equipment performance
- Trained under a senior engineer in dealing with the different facets of the plant
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineer 1994 – 1998
University of Nebraska
- Major in Plant Engineering
- Minors in Engineering Science and Environmental Science
- Graduated with honors
- Dean’s Lister for 5 semesters
- Active in outdoor sports, such as rock climbing, swimming, and surfing
- Loves vegetarian food and Asian cuisine
- Proficient in French language
Available upon request.