Among the last processes to be done on newly built or assembled automobiles, body painting is performed by seasoned Automotive Paint Technicians or Paint Spraying Specialists using the right application of paints. They may be using hand spraying tools and wearing paint-resistant outfit or they can be operating the spray booth remotely.
Automotive Paint Technician Resume Format
Barry B. Masterson
East St., Detroit, Michigan
Phone: (586) 778-4909
To work as a leas or senior Automotive Paint Technician in an automotive repair, assembly or manufacturing company
Summary of Qualification
- 7 years of experience as an Automotive Paint Technician assisting the automotive engineer in the area of vehicle body painting.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2001 – Present: Automotive Paint Technician, General Motors
- Operate the automated body paint spraying system remotely for various types of vehicles destined for export to different countries
- Assist the automotive paint engineer in implementing changes or enhancements to the spraying system
- Implement spraying pattern changes depending on vehicle models
- Ensure no mix-up in sparing formulation for cars destined for tropical countries and those destined for temperate climes
- Ensuring that the painting processes adopted are performed in accordance with prescribed standards for efficient, cost-effective operation
Cited Employee of the Year in 2003, 2006 and 2009 for perfect attendance
2004: In hours seminars on painting technologies of road vehicles.
2003: Obtained ATA accreditation as an Automotive Technician
2001 – 2003: Associate in Industrial Technology, Detroit Institute of Technology
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request.