Ballet dancing is the most disciplined form of dancing that follows traditional dancing movements that have evolved into a fusion with expressive dancing styles for jazz, rock along with classical music. In fact, most professional modern dancers such as those in dance ensembles for musicals, stage performances and figure skating are rooted in ballet disciplines. A resume should include a portfolio of ballet performances, awards and recognitions.
Ballet Dancer Resume Format
Selma F. Cherokee
Beverley Hills, CA
Phone: (310) 224-6823
To take on a lead position as a ballet dancer in a theater production company
Summary of Qualification
- About 5 experience as one of the lead ballet dancers of a theater ensemble.
- Excellent writing and organization skills
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Lead Ballet Dancer, Lincoln Theater Repertory, New York
- Attend dance practice sessions as scheduled
- Attend gymnastic sessions to further strengthen ballet skills
- Maintain the trim and lithe body required for any ballet performance
- Attend regular training courses to learn new techniques
- Provide part time instructions in dance allied dance schools.
- Maintain a good business relationships with external agents, press and ballet production companies
- Recognized by the Herald Tribune as one of the best in the Swan Lake Production of the Metropolitan Theater in the 2009 season.
- Portfolio of videotaped ballet sequences on stage available on request during the interview
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Ballet, National School of Performing Arts
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request