Musical instruments we love to hear in big bands and parade bands typically consist of brass, reed, wind, and percussion instruments. They can be damaged or wear out over time but they can be restored by Band Instrument Technicians who can tune, repair, replace parts and smooth out body dents. You find them mostly in music stores.
Band Instrument Technician Resume Format
Anthony M. Jackson, Jr
Lincoln St., Detroit, Michigan
Phone: (586) 891-8901
To work as a band instrument technician in a city music store specializing in parade or big band instruments
Summary of Qualification
- 4 years of experience as a band instrument technician specializing in brass and reed instruments
- Excellent big band leadership and conducting abilities.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Band Instrument Technician, Big Sound Ali Music Store
- Tune, adjust, and repair brass band instruments such as tuba, trumpets, trombones and flugelhorns as well as reed instruments like saxophones
- Perform play adjustments or replacement of worn-out parts as required.
- Place order of special brass parts to replace original equipment parts
- Complete job checklist for work done and parts replaced for proper billing and accounting.
- Provide sources for brass band score for use in school parades
Received a commendation letter from the Mayor for a job well done in successfully restoring an old set of parade instruments for donation to a public secondary school
2006: Registered with the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians
2003 – 2006: BA in Band Conducting (Undergraduate), Conservatory of Music, UCLA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request