Basketball coaches are highly responsible for mapping the success of a basketball team. To be able to accomplish this, they must have excellent knowledge and background on the principles and techniques of the basketball sport. They are the main source of advice and training programs of the athletes and must thereby be able to commit themselves to fully understand the character of each athlete. Basketball coaches must have the ability to create on court strategies for defence and offense tactics and identify the athlete to execute the plan. Basketball coaches should also be kept abreast of the events and activities of the basketball arena locally and internationally and identify competitions that their team can join without putting the team in a risky position.
Basketball Coach Resume Format
Dependable and innovative professional with relevant educational and training background is hoping to share my skills and ability in developing athletes as a basketball coach of a reputable institution or company.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as a basketball coach.
- Sound understanding of the sport and the dynamism that surrounds it.
- Creative and innovative in developing tactical moves and strategies on court.
- Highly knowledgeable in creating training and practice session programs.
- Excellent in providing coaching and mentoring to athletes both individually and as a team.
- Proven skill in managing a sport team in basketball.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Basketball Coach, The London Sports Club
- Establish strategic and tactical moves and strategies for the team to be used on court and during competitions.
- Develop innovative physical sport training programs and designs.
- Create new outlook and disposition of the basketball team to be able to be commercially valued.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.