A bookkeeper is a person who maintains financial records of a business organization, conventionally in the form of journals or ledgers that are also commonly termed “books.”
Bookkeepers perform basic accounting jobs, and is not technically qualified as an accountant. A bookkeeper is responsible for keeping full, accurate and up to date business financial records.
A bookkeeper could work for a company on a full time basis, or contract out to individuals and small groups. Handling the books for multiple customers at the same time is quite simple and most bookkeepers freelance.
Sample Bookkeeping Resume Format
234 Whale Sq, 4th Block
Mobile No: 232-0877-5634
Telephone Number: 132-1343-2452
Career Objective :
I want to use my exceptional organizing and maintaining capability of data and records to the service of people, and hence wish to work for an organization that would provide me with ample opportunities to do so.
Professional Experience :
Fosters Chits and Funds: November 2005 to present
- Maintain company’s ledgers on a day to day basis
- Prepare general ledgers and monthly Investors’ report.
- Verify and validate bank deposits
- Keep track of all outgoing payments and invoices
- Done a diploma course on Accounting from Delaware State Open University, Lakeview, DE consisting of modules on Accounting, Business Administration and Bookkeeping
Maintained the maximum number if ledgers in my team apart from preparing the highest number of Investors’ monthly reports.
- Indian Vedic Mathematics