A sub-discipline in Civil Engineering, Bridge Engineers specialize in the design of bridge building methods using various traditional and innovative techniques. They are also involved in mega-engineering works for long-span bridges that can traverse miles of waters and over various islands that can accommodate road vehicles and rail transport systems.
Bridge Engineer Resume Format
Eng. Peter D. Chan
Darren Ave., Detroit, Michigan
Phone: (586) 455-8342
To be Lead Bridge Engineer as part of the engineering team in a federal or state public works department
Summary of Qualifications
- 9 years of experience with a local civil works contractor first as a civil engineer and then specializing as a bridge engineer
- Certified as a Six-sigma expert
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills as well as supervisory, organization and interpersonal skills
Career Experience / Job History
2001 – Present: Bridge Engineer, Davis Engineering Consultants, Inc.
- Coordinate with the Department of Public Works on the bridge specification, location, area zoning and clearing operation requirements
- Create computer designs and 3D models of bridge spans for discussion with project team members and client approvals.
- Develop cost effective building techniques for specific bridge designs and construction operations.
- Conduct surveying together with surveyors, in-process supervision and post- commissioning inspections to assess bridge strength.
- Provide support to material engineers in securing alternative for 3rd party suppliers
- Portfolio of bridges designed and built available on request in time for the interview
- Awarded the Continental Employee of the Year from 2005 to 2008 for most creative bridge designs
2002: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1997 – 2001: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, MIT, Boston, MA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request