The Broadcast Technician employed in TV and radio stations are licensed to operate, install and maintain fixed and mobile radio transmitting systems that allow these broadcast stations to air, use satellite uplink or go through cable TV. They can work independently or under supervision by licensed radio or electronic communications engineers. Some are also involved in webcasting. .
Broadcast Technician Resume Format
Grover D.J. Clinton
Hudson St., Buffalo, NY
Phone: (718) 987-5334
To be part of a team of Broadcast Technicians in a television, radio and news broadcasting agency
Summary of Qualification
- Almost 6 years as a broadcast technician in a major new television agency
- Can operate Siemens and Alcatel broadcasting and satellite transponders along with Teac, Sony and Tascam audiovisual systems
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Junior Broadcast Technician, CBS News TV
- Set up, configure, and operate mobile broadcast vans and portable transmitting equipment for onsite news reporting coverage
- Install, configure and maintain radio transmitting systems in studios
- Maintain program log required by the Federal Communications Commission.
- Configure and control audio recording and video capture equipment to maintain the correct broadcast strength while preserving audio and video broadcast quality.
- Coordinate with web administrators for program web casting.
- Ensure optimum operation of radio transmitter to broadcast television and radio programs.
Received commendations from news reporters on the scene for consistent quality service in operating mobile transmission equipment
2003 – 2004 : Certificated Broadcast Technology, Society of Broadcast Engineers
2001 – 2003 : Diploma in Electronics, ITT technical Institute, Wisconsin
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request