The Budget Analyst prepares and validates budget plans, gathering historical cost data vs actuals and business plans to arrive at a comprehensive budget for approval, as well as consolidate budgets from various assigned operating units. The position requires a solid background in accounting with organizing and analytical skills. Certification as a CPA may not be necessary but is a career advancement asset, along with a few years of experience in a medium sized company.
Budget Analyst Resume Format
Mary Jane C. Quentin
N. Graham St., Charlotte, North Carolina
Phone: (704) 809-4766
To become part of a team of budget analysts in a large multination a company
Summary of Qualification
- About five years experience in a medium sized company
- Excellent skills working macros in Excel spreadsheets and word processing to
- Above average communication skills in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with department heads to work out their respective budget plans.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Budge Analyst, Greyhound Bus, Inc.
- Prepare, justify and present operating budget for approval
- Ensure that budget procedures and guidelines are complied with.
- Provide regular budget reports to include medium-term forecasted budget, trend analyses
- Provide comparisons of actual expenses and revenues vs budget plan
- Assist the department heads in justifying variances between actual and budget.
- Develop budget models to assist departments in their financial planning.
Received commendations from the President and CEO for comprehensive budge consolidation for 2008 and 2009
2006: Passed exams to become a Certified Public Accountant.
2002 – 2005: BS in Accountancy, College of Administration and Judicature, Berlin.
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request