Ceramics engineers are chemical engineers specialized in the formulation of ceramics and the design and development of commercial production methods and facilities to meet ceramic applications for consumers and industries. They can be found working on the manufacture of ceramic tiles for floors and walls or ceramics for dental prosthetics, kitchen and dinner wares and electronic applications.
Ceramics Engineer Resume Format
Engr. David S. Merryweather
West Vill., New York City
Phone: (212) 436-8012
To become a lead Ceramics Engineer in a major manufacturing company
Summary of Qualifications
- About 9 years of experience as ceramics engineer, first in a tile making company, then in a dinnerware manufacturing company.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and supervisory skills
Career Experience / Job History
2005 – Present: Ceramics Engineer, Asguard Ceramic Dinnerware.
- Develop and implement production improvements for cost-effective ceramic dinnerware molding and mass production.
- Examine quality control statistical results to identify problem points.
- Develop design printing processes that are more long lasting after a thousand plate washings.
2001 – 2005: Ceramics Engineer, Century Tile Builders, Inc.
- Work with planning and design staff on formulation and designing of ceramic tiles for bathroom and kitchen floors and walls.
- Conduct and document stress testing of tiles
- Awarded Letter of Appreciation for contributing to operating cost savings in 2008
- Awarded Employee of the Year by Century Tiles Builders in 2004
2001 – Present: various in house seminars on modern ceramic manufacturing
2001: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1996 – 2001: BS in Chemical Engineering, Yale University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request