Cognos Administrators are responsible for the high performance and availability of Cognos 8 tool and in charge iof conducting trouble shooting, creating and setting up profiles for the company. They also provide technical expertise as a liaison between developers and support teams. They also provide operational support for Cognos servers such as recover servers in case of failures and shutdowns and support migration of Cognos codes from reports, models and frameworks from an environment to another. They should also support Cognos upgrades and use HPSD to monitor, update, track, resolve and close cases or tickets raised to request support.
Cognos Administrator Resume Format
Bridport Place, Islington
London, N1 6JN
Reliable and motivated professional seeking a job as a Cognos adminisrator in a company that offers avenues for career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- Exceptional experience with Cognos administration, planning, tuning and report writing with sound knowledge of Cognos and its associated components.
- Highly proficient with Cognos 8.3 Report Studio, Analysis Studio and 7.3 Transformer.
- Knowledge in operating Data Warehouse methodology and Scheme.
- Ability to schedule batches using Cognos and Tivili Maesro and use security technology applications.
- Knowledge in installing and upgrading all components in the Cognos based BI 8.4
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Cognos Administrator, Artesian IT Services
- Designed and developed the ETL processes according o the business needs.
- Processed and summarized data in the application layer and generated summaries of that data.
- Generated and maintained complex reports with the help of Cognos and reviewed and upgraded the software according to the needs of the business.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.