A college resume format presents the details of a college student’s profile. This resume is usually used for a variety of purposes while a student is in college. One is applying for a part-time job or internship.
Another use is transferring to other colleges or schools. Whatever the reason, it is important to create a good college resume in order to help you fulfill your objectives.
A college resume is simpler, but rich in details regarding your academic performances. Sometimes, employers or principals discriminate against college students who lack participation to the school.
It is therefore important to optimize your resume by writing it meticulously. To start, create a heading with your personal details and write your profile summary at the first section.
The next section must be dedicated to the meat of your resume or your educational background. List your course, school, and date of attendance. Include an elaborate but concise discussion of your achievements and awards.
Dedicate a separate section for your core competencies that have been developed throughout your academic years. Show your flexibility through your extra-curricular activities and awards.
This part should make your resume more marketable because employers want to see dynamic lifestyles from students to ensure fast learning. List your internship experience if you have any and end your resume with character references.
College Resume Format and Example
- Competent in different academic areas and achieved academic honors
- Active in university activities, including academic competitions, extra-curricular activities, and sports
- Skillful in public relations and speaking
- A passionate and versatile student
Bachelor of Science in Business Management 2005 – present
University of Georgia
- Major: Management
- Minors: Public Relations and French
- Graduated with Honors
- Dean’s Lister for 5 semesters
- Skillful in making strategies regarding the appropriate management plans for the different levels of organization
- Knowledgeable in tackling different cases in a business
- Competent in identifying business trends in an industry and making strategic and intermediate plans
- With excellent communications skill in English, both in written and in oral
- Good in public speaking and marketing
- Knowledgeable in MS Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Good in soccer and swimming
- Proficient in French
- 2ndhonor, College of Business Administration, 2008
- 1stplace winner, Inter-college Marketing Strategy Competition, 2007
- Student of the Year, College of Business Administration, 2007
- 1stplace winner, Swimming Inter-school Championship, 2007
- Awardee for Best Public Speaker in the University, 2006
- Vice President for External Affairs,Association of Business Management Students, 2007 – 2008
- Active Member,Speech Communication Society, 2005 – present
- Project Head,Job Fair, University of Georgia, 2008
- Asst. Project Head, Marketing Convention, University of Gerogia, 2007
- Active Member and Varsity Player, Swimming Club, 2005 – 2007
Management Trainee Summer 2008
Date of Birth: 26 December 1986
Civil Status: Single
Available upon request