The Copy Writer uses his journalistic and literary writing skills to create compelling short messages that can capture and sustain market attention to promote product and service sales. They are found in creative and advertising agencies as well as in web, print and broadcast industries. A resume is best served with a portfolio for works.
Copy Writer CV Resume Format
Billy Make H. B. Peterson
East Vill., New York City
Phone: (212) 098-9011
To be the lead copywriter in a large metropolitan advertising or creative agency
Summary of Qualification
- 9 years of experience in the advertising industry as a veteran copy with an extensive copy writing portfolio for the print, broadcast and web media
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Samples of portfolio available upon request.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Associate Print Copywriter, Saatchi & Saatchi, New York City
- Create compelling captions to accompany advertising and promotional images for print and the web.
- Compose advertorials in leading trade journals and professional publications on consumer and industrial products.
- Write promotional copy for print, radio, television and the Internet
- Write content for press releases, product brochures, advertising and promo campaigns, teasers in print and broadcast media for new product launches.
2001 – 2007: Print and Internet Copywriter, Publicis Groupe
- Compose advertising one liners, taglines, slogans, catch-phrases and captions for assigned copy wiring projects
Awarded 2006 Outstanding Copy Writer for Consumer Products by the Publicis Groupe
2001 – Present: Various In house training on web content copywriting and editing.
1998 – 2001: BA in Journalism, University of Idaho
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request