Assigned for a component in a total systems architecture, the Database Administrator is trained to operate, maintain and implement database systems such as Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2 or non-relational hierarchical databases in legacy systems. They are also responsible for implementing programmatic updates and routine database reorganization to accommodate any new system enhancements. Any resume should clearly indicate the OS platform of the database you are trained to handle.
Database Administrator Resume Format
Mary B. Stanley
Halls Bayou, Houston, Texas
To work as a Database Administrator in an airline
Summary of Qualification
- 8 years of experience in the IT department of an airline company
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills in English.
- Excellent command of the latest Oracle database on the UNIX platform
Career Experience/Job History
2002 – Present: Oracle Database Administration, Skyways International
- Coordinate with hardware engineers to ensure high database systems availability for the company’s mission critical systems.
- Provide technical mentoring to new hires in database administration.
- Cascade to programmers and systems managers any database patches and upgrades from Oracle
- Monitor database performance and report, diagnose and implement corrective action as recommended by Oracle.
- Document database enhancements through proper change request procedures
- Received Employee of the Year in 2003, 2005 – present for perfect attendance
2001 – Present: In-house training and 3rd party seminars and workshops for Oracle administration, computer systems and SAP implementation
1998 – 2002: BS in Computer Management, College of Saint Benedict, Minnesota.
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request