Dermatologists are doctors specializing the care, diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases and disorders for medical and cosmetic purposes. They are popular in treating hair loss problems, acne control and signs of aging. Many specialize in cosmetic dermatological application while others go into pharmaceutical research work in formulating skin care products. Then there are dermatologists who work together with plastic surgeons on reconstructive surgery for burn patients.
Dermatologist Resume Format
Dr. Samantha V, Cricket, MD
Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland
Phone: (443) 866-9354
To work as part of a team of dermatologists in a large hospital or clinic
Summary of Qualifications
- 11 years of experience as a dermatologist in a large hospital starting out as a clinical dermatologist to cosmetic in a private skin care clinic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with patients.
Career Experience / Job History
2006 – Present: Dermatologist, Skin Care Artists, Inc.
- Perform surgical hair transplant procedures
- Operate skin laser technologies to eliminate body hairs
- Treat scars using laser and chemical dermabrasion.
1999 – 2006 : Resident Dermatologist, Cedars-Sinai, LA
- Examine skin to determine nature of disease, taking skin samples and smears from affected areas, and subjecting them to laboratory diagnostic and test procedures
- Perform skin grafting procedures for burn patients as required
- Assist doctors in the emergency ward especially for burn and accident victims.
Received hospital citations 2002- 2005 for dedicated therapeutic work
2001: passed exams of the American Board of Dermatologists
1998: passed the US Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
1995 – 1998: Internship with dermatology specialization at University Medical Center, California,
1992 – 1995: College of Medicine, UCLA
1988 – 1992: BS in Biology, Stanford University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request