Using teaching programs centered on learning-through-play theories, Early Childhood Educators are trained to educate children between the ages of 18 months and about five years to prepare them for grade school learning. They also conduct out-of-school teaching for kids in nurseries, daycares, recreation centers and kindergarten classrooms, as well as tutor kids on a one-on-one basis. These programs have been designed for a child’s social, physical, intellectual, creative, cultural and emotional needs which is said to be quite different for older kids in grade school.
Early Childhood Educator Resume Format
Orlando J. Santa Maria
Fountain Valley, LA, California
To work as an Early Childhood Educator in a Montessori
Summary of Qualification
- About 4 years of experience as an early childhood educator for a religious nursery school in the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in handling children below 5 years of age
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Early Childhood Educator, California Preschool and Kindergarten
- Plan and develop class and outdoor programs and activities suitable of children between 12 months and 5 years
- Assist parents in enrolling their kids
- Providing the initial school programs and schedule
- Maintain the school’s database of enrolled children and theirs respective learning progress
- Develop reading, listening, comprehension and motor skills through approved class activities
- Supervise indoor and outdoor play times as well as community trips to zoos, parks and museums.
Received faculty commendations from 2008 to the present for positive feedback child management from many parents of kid enrolled in the school
2000 – 2007: BS in Psychology, Boston University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request