An entry level resume format is most suitable for job applicants with no or little experience in the field of interest. This means that this is mostly used by fresh graduates and those who have work experience of less than 5 years.
Moreover, this format is appropriate to those who want to shift in between career fields.
To write the entry-level resume format, you should bear in mind the most important sections of your resume. Basically, the sections are the typical ones since you lack experience in the field.
You start your resume with personal information, including your name, address, contact number, and email address.
The first section briefly states your career objective. Some job seekers place a career summary after this. If you have little overall experience, this may not be appropriate. Write your work experience instead.
Use a reverse-chronological style to present your capability range. Tackle on your important functions in each job using bullets.
Next, discuss your educational background. This section is important for this format because it supports your little experience. Your skills or competencies also support your limited experience. Presenting these facts makes you marketable enough to employers despite the lack of experience.
Entry-Level Resume Sample Template
To apply for an entry-level position in your sales division where my skills can be developed and used effectively
Customer SalesAssistant 2008 – present
- Makes presentations to important clients during conventions
- Coordinates with customers throughout the purchase process
- Contacts prospective clients through outbound calls and presents purchase deals
- Keeps hitting targets of sales goals
SalesAssociate 2006 – 2008
- In charge of making impromptu presentations to walk-in clients and prospective buyers
- Contacted customers who signed up for possible car purchase and asked them for their purchase plans
- Reached quota in 3 months and kept goals for two years
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Has the ability to engage customers through a dynamic and interesting presentation tactics
- Has excellent public relations skills that are essential in selling cars to clients
- Knows the facets of the products and is able to communicate them to the customers to garner interests
- Constantly able to hit targets and sales goals for the company
- Sales Resource Person of the Year, 2007
- Excellent in communicating with different types of people
- Skillful in on-the-spot presentations
- With excellent communications skill, both in written and in oral
- Knowledgeable in MS Applications and MS Office
- Skillful in Adobe Photoshop
- Good in basketball and swimming
- Proficient in French
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 2002 – 2006 University of Kansas
- Major: Management
- Minors: Sales and French
- Graduated with Honors
- Dean’s Lister for 4 semesters
Date of Birth: 26 December 1985
Civil Status: Single
Available upon request