Considered among the most vital elements in a movie, the musical background completes the mood and sets the pace of the action or scene in a movie. To this end the Film Music Director harnesses the musical resources at his disposal whether using original or existing materials. A resume for a film music director require a portfolio of films with your musical works or compilation.
Film Music Resume Format
Harold F. Steinberg
Yorba Linda, Orange, CA
Phone: (657) 298-8801
To be a resident film music director for a major movie studio or a theater production company
Summary of Qualification
- 15 years of experience in stage and movie production as music director.
- Excellent writing and organization skills
Career Experience/Job History
- 2002 – Present: Assistant Resident Film Music Director, Universal Studios
- Work with film composers and musicians chosen by the firm director and work to incorporate their works when composing for the film score.
- Conduct the film score for a assigned Hollywood films
- Assist the resident conductor in mounting auditions for new members of the orchestra and processes applicants
1995 – 2002: 2nd Assistant Conductor, Los Angles Philharmonic Orchestra
- Select and recommend orchestra scores to the lead conductor
- Ensure that compositional scoring for the masters contain authentic musical notations and markings as original documents.
- Provide back up support for rehearsals and performances not requiring the resident conductor
Portfolio of original music composed for stage and film available on interview
1996 – 1998: Master of Orchestral Music and Conducting, Curtis Institute of Music, Philadelphia
1991 – 1995: Bachelor of Music in Musicology, New England Conservatory of Music
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request