Many movie enthusiasts refer to film reviews before spending hard earned cash to watch a theatrical release, with some watching only highly rated films or waiting for the DVD or home releases to purchase. The Film Reviewer often bases his or her assessment of a movie on a wealth of movie matching experience as objectively as possible, though most often belong in the realm of subjectivity. This accounts for a wide variety of film reviews. Many are freelance reviewers and contributors to entertainment magazine, broadsheets and online publication.
Film Reviewer Resume Format
Rachel B. Macy
Greenwich Vill., New York City
Phone: (212) 887-3543
To work as a contributing film reviewer to an entertainment weekly or metropolitan broadsheet
Summary of Qualifications
- About 9 years of experience as a freelance film reviewer regularly contributing to a large state newspaper with high reputation, while working as a film making professor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
Career Experience / Job History
2003 – Present: Freelance Film Reviewer for the Herald Tribune
- Conduct film reviews of current and forthcoming releases as invited during premiere or pre-screening sessions
- Prepare and submit proofread reviews to the entertainment editor.
2001 – Present: Film Professor, New York Film Academy
- Handle classroom in film history, cinematography and screenwriting
- Assist the faculty Head in the planning and development of course curriculum.
Portfolio of film reviews and criticisms available on interview
1999 – 2001: MS in Filmography, New York Film Academy’s School of Film
1996 – 1999: BA English Literature, Grand Canyon University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request