Freight Forwarders act as the middle men for the importers, exporters and other entities that work for the cost-effective transportation of goods and products. They make sure that the transportation service they offer to clients is the best and most convenient one. Freight Forwarders do this by investigating routes and costs for transportation services as well as the safety. They arrange schedules and order specific individuals of companies to implement tasks taking into account the security of the route, climate, terrain and weight of the products. As such, they arrange insurance and process all financial operations for their clients.
Freight Forwarder Resume Format
West Midlands, B39 0SS
Meticulous and skilled individual is looking for a job as a Freight Forwarder in a forwarding company where I can enhance my skills.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of professional experience as a Freight Forwarder.
- Knowledgeable in transport arrangements, cost estimation and fund transactions.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications for accounting and shipment tracking.
- With ability of identifying routes and transport companies to implement product deliveries.
- Knowledgeable in relevant legislation and political situations in different areas.
- Possess the ability to give instructions and commands to concerned workers efficiently.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Freight Forwarders, Metropolitan Freight Forwarders
- Make plans and arranged the transport of goods and products to preferred destinations.
- Communicate with clients and keep them updated of the transactions.
- Monitor condition of the shipment and deliveries and ensure the security and safety of the goods and products.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.