Gallery Assistants work in art galleries and serve as the moving people behind the installation and presentation of the artwork. They are responsible for the opening and closing of the gallery and before doing so, they must ensure that all artwork and items in the gallery are intact and safe. Gallery Assistants receive and unpack packages with artwork. They prepare the space and the artwork for display by ensuring that all items are intact and ready for mounting. In addition, they do gallery maintenance and creatively work the space for the show.
Gallery Assistant Resume Format
Stratford, LondonE17 5LA
Dedicated and innovative professional is looking for a job as a Gallery Assistant in a company where my artistic skills and abilities can be an important contribution to the company.
Summary of Qualification
- With five years of work experience as a Gallery Assistant.
- Excellent skills in artistic deployment and creative space design.
- Exceptional skills in handling artwork, and ensuring its purity.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works cooperatively in a group and a team worker.
- Willing to travel and to perform work-related functions.
- Capable of interacting and dealing with clients of different backgrounds.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Gallery Assistant, Hinkler Galleries
- Receive parcels and packages with artworks and unpack safely and with care.
- Perform gallery maintenance by cleaning and dusting items and gallery space
- Communicate with artists and gallery owner to install artwork for display with creativity.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Arts in Visual Design, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.