A graduate resume format intends to present your profile without a proper work history. Thus, you concentrate more on your educational background, extra-curricular activities, and skills, and other personal information.
However, the details under these sections must highlight the preferred qualifications for the job that you are applying for.
Start your resume by listing your contact details as your heading. Briefly state your career objective. The next section tackles your education history. State your course, name of school, and dates.
Also, present a detailed account of your achievements and other details while in school. You may dedicate a separate section for your achievements if there are many.
The next section must discuss your extra-curricular activities. Elaborate the important details in a very brief manner. List your skills next. The information in this section must focus on the skills needed on the job.
You may also present your interests or hobbies to show your versatility. If you have any work experience during your college years, list them next. It will help you boost your profile.
Finally, indicate your personal information, such as birth date and civil status. Usually, employers look for reference persons. List them with their contact details at the end of your resume.
Graduate Resume Format and Example
Seeking an entry-level position in your Marketing Department in order to use my knowledge and further develop my skills in the field
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 2004 – 2008
University of Michigan
Dearborn, Michigan, USA
- Major in Marketing
- Minors in Business Law and Speech Communication
- Dean’s Lister for 6 semesters
- Graduated with honors
President,Junior Marketers Association, 2007 – 2008
- Oversees the overall facets of the organization
- Represents the organization in internal and external affairs
- Spearheaded several external activities that are funded by sponsors
- Marketed the organization’s activities to large companies and raises about $2000 for the organization’s projects
Councilor,Business Administration Student Council, 2007-2008
- Handles student concerns in the college
- Founder of many minor student activities
Active Member,Speech Communication Society, 2005 – 2008
- Learns how to speak in different ways
- Helps the organization with its projects and activities
Member,Soccer Club, 2006 – 2007
- Varsity player for the team
- Helps coach in training new soccer members
- Excellent marketing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Applications and MS Office
- Skillful in Adobe Photoshop
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in Italian
- Self-motivated and passionate
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
- Debate, theaters, and creative writing
- Soccer, swimming, and mountain climbing
- Asian food and culture
Junior Marketer Summer 2007
Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
- Worked with a team of intern students to devise marketing strategies for the different brands of Kellog’s
- Devises advertising campaigns for Kellog’s
Birth Date April 9, 1987
Civil Status Single
Available upon request