Graphic Designer Resume
As a graphic designer your most important asset are your artistic skills. Thus, it is very important that your resume highlights your skills in order for it to be noticed by the hiring employer.
Even before writing down your resume, make sure you have a portfolio containing the best of your previous works. Make sure to send it together with your resume. Because of this, it is preferable that you send your resume via snail mail.
State your work objectives with clarity. You have to show that you have very great interest and enough motivation to work in the position you are applying for.
Under the summary of qualifications, make it attractive by stressing your strongest credentials. You may also want to include a listing of graphics design software you are proficient in.
Under the list of your work experience, summarize your achievements as a graphic designer for your previous employers.
On a final note, the flow of your resume should be clear and smooth, so it will impress rather than confuse the reader. Keep your formats conservative as well: Too many lines and borders on a page tend to create a cramped up resume.
Graphic Designer Resume Format and Example
Jerry K. Ludwig
4664 Moonlight Drive
Hopewell (mercer), NJ 08525
Email Address: JerryKLudwig@signed-first-edition.com
Seek the Position of Graphic Designer in a reputable advertising agency.
Extremely Creative and reliable Graphic Designer with experience designing and creating various print materials for a multitude of projects; transacting with multiple departments and clients in the process of creation of print material; and with photography experience. Excellent in working with teams and with multiple projects.
SUMMARY of QUALIFICATIONS :
- More than six years experience.
- Well trained and experience in intermediate and advanced concepts in graphic layout and design.
- Remarkable knowledge of the papers, inks and other supplies used in graphic arts, especially the weights, types and uses of papers.
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines and with accuracy.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 3, CorelDraw Suite, and Microsoft Office Publisher and Word.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
Graphic Designer, Independence High School, Trenton NJ, 2002 – Present
- Design and create print materials for the school, including Yearbooks, employee newsletters, parent newsletters, and School Report Card supplement.
- Design and create educational brochures, including: School Board Code of Student Conduct, Standards of Learning, and Technology Standards for Instructional Personnel.
- Design and create printed paraphernalia for school events, including: groundbreakings for new school buildings, material for Junior Senior Prom, Spring Dance, and Homecoming.
- Provide photography services at various special events.
- Maintain and troubleshoot graphic equipment, such as the Power Computing Power Tower Pro 225, HP scanner and printer and Epson printer, along with various software products.
- Provide graphic support to many departments.
- Perform related work as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, The College of New Jersey, Ewing NJ, 2002