Group Travel Planners arrange tours, transportation and accommodation for a large group of people usually consisting ten or more. These tours may vary in the number of activities and places included depending on the composition of the group, their budget and goals. As such, Group Travel Planners must have a wide serious number of contacts and good relationships with the services they need for the tour such as transportation, accommodation, food and adventure groups. They must also be equipped with knowledge in safety procedures, protocols and other important laws.
Group Travel Planner Resume Format
Dufferin Street, Clerkenwell
Detail-oriented and committed professional is looking for a job as a Group Travel Planner in a travel company where I can share my skills and knowledge while being given opportunities for career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a Group Travel Planner.
- Certified in safety procedures and First Aid.
- Highly capable of effectively communicating with clients and contacts for arrangements.
- Knowledgeable of area mapping and identifying places of convenience and activities.
- Specializes in regional adventure and luxury destinations with entertainment.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – present: Group Travel Planner, Lighting Adventure and Tours Company
- Create tour and travel plans with exclusive packages and distinct to guest orientation
- Line up activities and destinations conveniently and giving optimum enjoyment to clients.
- Set-up a concrete and clear line of communication so that all activities are well coordinated.
- Make appointments and schedules with concerned companies regarding travel, accommodation and food.
- Initiate and implement activities during the tour to spark interest and excitement in clients.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.