Not all historic and culturally significant artifacts can be housed inside a museum or historic gallery. There are historic buildings and sites, even entire towns that have been identified as historically significant to deserve preservation government funding and management under a competent Historic Side Administrator. Much like managing a museum, the Historic Site Administrator often works with civic associations, universities, NGOs and government commission to raise funds, launch commemorative events and oversee public tours to historic sites.
Historic Site Administrator Resume Format
Geraldine G. P. Prescott
Margaret St., Pensacola, Florida
Phone: (305) 113-5588
To be an Historic Site Administrator specializing in military artifacts and implements in a large metropolitan or state museum
Summary of Qualification
- Almost a decade of experience as a Historic Site Administrator in managing historically significant surviving buildings and structures.
- Excellent writing and organization skills
Career Experience/Job History
1994 – Present: Historic Site Administrator, Virginia Historic Commission
- Oversee the restoration building projects of historic sites including homes of generals and presidents during the American War of Independence and the American Civil War.
- Coordinate with reputable archeologists, anthropologists and history professors in evaluating the restoration projects.
- Implement the required security measures to prevent vandalism and unauthorized entry.
- Develop memorial program brochures and information materials about the historic sites in print on online.
- Manage staff in daily maintenance of historic sites.
- Oversee events of commemoration involving historic war sites
- Completed the documentation and publication of the Site’s centennial history
- Discovered new post war manuscripts heretobefore unreleased
1996 – 2005: Various in-house seminars curatorship
2003 – 2995: MBA, Boston University
1990 – 1994: Bachelor of Arts in American History, Virginia State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request.