The Hospital Admission Clerk is always on top of who goes in or out of the hospital’s care. They work on shifts to cover the 24-hour operations of hospitals. They implement the admission policies and procedures of the hospital in accordance with legal and industry practices and are familiar or have access to the resident doctors and nurses who they can call in times of emergencies.
Hospital Admission Clerk Resume Format
Fanny F. Allyson
Redwood Rd., Salt Lake, Utah
Phone: (801) 667-3256
To be a hospital admission clerk for a large metropolitan hospital or clinic
Summary of Qualifications
- About 8 years of experience as admission clerk in a small private hospital
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Career Experience / Job History
2002 – Present: Hospital Admission Clerk, City Doctors Hospital
- Work in the night shift in admitting patients into the hospital
- Get information from patients or if, unconscious, contact and obtain records of patients from family physicians and referring doctors.
- Obtain information from paramedics delivering patients into the emergency ward.
- Maintain, monitor and update hospital waiting lists
- Update hospital database with release information about patients
- Advice patients on the waiting list for admission schedule.
- Contact other hospitals in case of transfer requirements.
- Assisted the hospital’s IT group to develop the automated admissions database system
- Awarded employee of the year twice in 2006 and 2009 by the hospital management
2001 – Present: various in-house and 3rd party seminars hospital administration.
1998 – 2001: Bachelor of Arts in Commerce, Walden Colleges Chicago
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request