Human resources (HR) resume format focuses on your career in that particular field. It summarizes your overall progress into one or two pages. Being concise and clear is important in this sense.
When writing your HR resume, keep in mind to include all the relevant details of your career.
First, identify your contact details at the topmost part of your resume. Your name, address, phone number, and email address allows an employer to know where to contact you. Start your HR resume by stating your career objective.
What position do you want? Next, summarize your current profile. Since you want the readers to continue browsing your resume, grab their attention by including your key achievements in the field.
The next sections discuss work and educational background chronologically. Include your position title, name of the company, the time period, followed by a brief account of what you did in each position.
For your educational background, include course, school, time, and some details.
If you are in the field for so many years already, just focus on the things that you have achieved and core competencies that have developed rather than on your education history.
List your skills or key competencies. Since you have to deal with different types of employee personalities in this field, list your skills that pertain to such function. End your resume with your personal details and reference persons.
HR Resume Format and Example
123 Lemon Grove, San Diego
Seeking a managerial position in human resources department to further develop my knowledge and skills in the field
- 4 years experience in field of human resources and employee development
- Performs corporate duties in terms of employee management
- Taking MBA simultaneously with work in order to expand knowledge and skills
- Focused and passionate with work
Human Resources Manager 2006 – present
- Devises employee development trainings within the company
- Oversees the completion of compensation plans, benefits, and salary computation
- Facilitates meetings in the department regarding employee issues and problems
- Interviews prospect applicants
- Administers entrance examination to prospect applicants
Human Resources Representative 2004 – 2006
- In charge of handling employee records and computer works
- Performs day-to-day jobs on handling employee concerns
- Works with the HR team to devise general workshops for the employees
Master in Business Adminstration 2005 – present
Arizona State University
- Major in Human Resources, Minors in Sales and Marketing
- Constant Dean’s Lister
- Awarded for the best research study entitled“Behavior of company employees,”2005
Bachelor Science in Psychology 2000 – 2004
Arizona State University
- Major in Human Psychology
- Minors in Human Resources and Spanish
- Graduated with honors
- Dean’s Lister for 5 semesters
- 1stplace in marathon competition
- Good in devising strategic employee development plans
- Skillful in problem solving involving human resources
- Skillful in analyzing employee concerns and disputes
- Good in dealing with different types of people
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Applications and MS Office
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Good in running and marathons
Birth Date: October 8, 1983
Available upon request.