The Insurance Policy Processing Clerk processes insurance applications assigned to the division (life or non-life, special insurance products, etc) in a general insurance company. The responsibilities also include handling policy cancellations, changes to existing policies, and reinstatement of lapsed policies.
Insurance Policy Processing Clerk Resume Format
Edwin C.J. Compton
Des Moines, Iowa
Phone: (515) 786-4609
To be part of a large life insurance company in the metro as an Insurance Policy Processing Clerk
Summary of Qualification
- 6 years of experience as an auto insurance appraiser in an exclusively auto insurance company.
- Excellent knowledge in the legal requirements for auto insurance and the various insurance products available for consumers and companies.
- Excellent communication skills in English
Career Experience/Job History
2003 – Present: Life Insurance Policy Processor, Wells Fargo
- Accept and process insurance policy application from agents and brokers
- Review and confirm that all mandatory information fields in an application form are completely filled out along with the submission of required copies of documents
- Process change requests on current policies.
- Monitor lapsed policies for automatic renewal and reinstatement according to corporate policies
- Organize and update system database on policy changes,
- Process policy cancellation requests from agents or clients
- Coordinate with brokers and agents and brokers on policy approvals, reinstatements and cancellations.
Cited Employee of the Year in 2007 and 2008 for saving the company close to $500,000 in insurance claims
2003 – 2004: Diploma in Insurance Management, Online Course from Western Governors University
1999 – 2003: BA in Economics, Iowa State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request