Trained as an accountant with an innate eagle eye for details, the Internal Auditor scrutinizes a company’s books to ensure they are correct and comply with legal statutes. Internal auditors can pinpoint data collection inefficiency and potentially criminal activities. They can specialize in various areas such as manufacturing, retail, insurance, banking, healthcare, and information technology. With data stored on computers, auditing becomes faster and more productive for a more proactive decision making among executives.
Internal Auditor Resume Format
Wilfred F. Heather
Toca Hills, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 667-3995
A management position as an Internal Auditor for a large global corporation in the manufacturing or retail chain industry.
Summary of Qualification
- More than a decade experience in a manufacturing automobile company, first as an accountant clerk and rising to the ranks to become an Internal Auditor.
- Familiar with most accounting systems with specialty in SAP-Financials
- Excellent writing and organization skills
Career Experience/Job History
1998 – Present: Internal Auditor, Ford Motors, Detroit
- Audit information systems, financial situations, management practices and internal controls to make sure that everything is in order.
- Audit processes to assess efficiency, legality, appropriateness, and efficacy.
- Schedule regular meetings with management to present audit findings and explore appropriate solutions to any data error, unaccountable transactions, faulty or inefficient processes.
- Coordinate with the proper offices to implement approved corrective measures to clean up their accounting or management practices.
Selected as part of the Due Diligence team that audited the financial statements of the Rover Group Divisions of BMW before acquiring it in 2000
1998 – 2005: Various in-house trainings and seminars on SAP Financials
2001: Passed Certified Public Accountant licensure.
1994 – 1998: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, UCLA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request