Job Resume Format
A job resume format summarizes the details of your career for a specific job. This format essentially incorporates the major sections of a resume, which includes the objective, career profile summary, experience, and education.
Since this is a resume format that focuses on the job or experience, it is best to use the chronological style.
To start, write your heading which is composed of your name, address, contact number, and email address. The first section must briefly state your career objective, while the next section must summarize your attainments in the field.
Remember that the career profile must be enticing enough to catch the attention of the prospective employers. Next, discuss your work experiences.
Start with the most recent position and state the company and dates. Include an elaborate but concise account of your essential functions in the job. Finally, discuss your educational background in the same way.
These sections are just the main parts of a job resume. If it is important that you include the other details of your career such as skills, qualifications, and awards, you can always dedicate several sections for them.
On the other hand, you can always use the functional format provided that you place emphasis on the skills required for the job for you to get the interview.
Job Resume Format and Example
512 North St. Los Angeles,
Seeking a dynamic position in Web Developing in order to increase my knowledge and further develop my skills in the field
- Presently employed in one of the top web design company
- Provides fresh designs and on demand applications for the site
- Professional and work oriented
- Handled high end web projects and maintenance
- More than 5 Years of working experience in the field
Web Master 2008 – present
Los Angeles, California
- Conducts regular maintenances on each website created by the company
- Makes sure that the website is bullet proof and free from bugs and errors
- Ensures that the website is accessible by the public and the employees all the time
- Provides contact information for problems and inquiry encountered by users with the web site
Web Designer 2006 – 2008
Speed Limit Studios
Los Angeles, California, USA
- Created eye catching and interactive web pages for clients
- Enhanced and modified previously created web pages if more suitable designs and applications become available
- Communicated with the client for their own preferences on how their website’s appearance and functionalities
Computer Analyst 2004 – 2006
Los Angeles, California, USA
- Determined the software and hardware needed by the company
- Provided computer technology solutions that aid faster growth in the company
- Presented solutions to problems regarding Information Technology in general
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science 2000 – 2004
Los Angeles Technical University
- Major in Computer Programming
- Minors in IT Management
- Graduated with honors
- Dean’s Lister for 6 semesters
Languages: HTML, XML, CSS, Java, C++
- Adobe Dream Weaver, Adobe Photo Shop, Macromedia
- Flash, Visual Studio.Net, Visual Basic 6 and MS Office.
Available upon request