The Lead cinematographer is also sometimes called as the director of photography in the film industry. They manage and lead the camera department and ensure that they follow instructions given by the film director. They must be able to envision the images required by the director and capture the vision with the camera accurately. Lead cinematographers direct the actions and operations of a crew of cameramen giving them orders where to position themselves and arranging the set for perfect timing and blocking. They are experts in handling cameras and are knowledgeable on which equipment and materials are needed for a specific scene. They must also ensure the safety of the photographers while filming.
Lead Cinematographer Resume Format
Harper Road, East Ham
London, E6 5QA
Motivated and skilled individual is looking for employment as lead cinematographer in a company where I can contribute my abilities in effectively managing a team.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a lead cinematographer.
- Possess high degree of oral and written communication skills.
- Highly creative and resourceful in accessing materials efficiently.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of video cameras and other photographic equipment.
- Well-trained in blocking, positioning and creative set-up.
- With good visual abilities both written and on print.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – present: Lead Cinematographer, Buena Vista Films.
- Ensure the efficient production of camera department.
- Develop improvements in creating a more cost-effective filming.
- Ensure the accurate interpretation of the director’s vision and concept
- Direct activities of the camera crew for efficient filming.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Cinematography, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.