A machinist handles, sets up, assembles and operates different machines and tools to produce precision parts and instruments and includes modifications, fabrications and repair of these machines. They should have knowledge and training with regards to mechanics, installation, operation and engineering. Hey must know how to read and interpret blueprints and specifications of the various machines that are to be used by the industry and set up and assemble these machines needed for use in the company. They are also responsible for repairs if needed. Machinists have a thorough knowledge of many kinds of machine tools and since the technologies are changing quickly, they must constantly learn new techniques and learn how to operate new machines.
Machinist Resume Format
Obtain a respective career as a highly skilled machinist to utilize my knowledge and skills of mechanics and machining operation and procedures.
Summary of Qualification
- Sound knowledge in setting up machines with complex specifications to be used by machine operators and tenders in the factory.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to instruct and train machine operators and check the accuracy of their work as well as the machine.
- Monitors and inspects machines for damages and repairs machines
- Capable of working in a pressurized and fast-paced environment and works on extended hours.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Machinist, Apex Incorporated
- Sets up machines to be used in the production area
- Checks and adjusts machine specification to attain optimum productivity in the work area
- Attends conferences and trainings of new machines introduced by companies to be relayed to supervisors and make recommendations.
- Maintains and repairs machines within the company.
2004-2008: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Santa Fe University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.