The Market Research Manager heads a team of research analysts assigned to various markets depending on the extent and reach of the company’s brand sales operations. The manager is responsible for summarizing the research information from any of its markets for presentation to executive decision makers and corporate stakeholders to guide their strategic business and product policy formulation. The market research manager may use 3rd party resources to augment its research staff or assist in the interpretation, correlations and prognostication of research data.
Marketing Director Resume Format
Lucy R. Storm
Old Town, San Diego, CA
Phone: (619) 889-8912
To be part of a marketing management team as market research manager for a large multinational or global company
Summary of Qualification
- 11 years of experience in managing research work for a major global airline.
- Excellent grasp of statistical research work for service companies.
- Excellent management, organizing and communication skills
Career Experience/Job History
1999 – Present: Manager, Marketing Research, British Airways US Operations
- Manage a team of market research analysts in conducting polls and surveys on product performance in various markets as directed
- Design, plan and implement research methods to gather market demographics and psychographics in the airline’s US markets
- Conduct inflight or ground surveys as well as online research to gather market perception of the airline services across it various markets in the first, business and economy classes
- Work with customers to get their comments and feedback on airline services.
- Conduct research presentations to key management staff involved in sevice design specifications and market penetration
Cited by the President and CEO for highly beneficial market studies that allowed successful penetration of new markets in the Caribbean markets
2005 – Present: Various in-house trainings, 3rd party seminars and conference on new statistical tools, market research solutions including online research techniques.
2003 – 2006: MBA, Trinity College, Oxford
1995 – 1999: BS Statistics, California State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request