A matrimonial resume is dedicated to find a match. Therefore, personal characteristics are disclosed in a very detailed manner. The personal profile is presented first with your age, details about your physical appearance, and status.
These details are usually the first things the reader wants to know so that they can weed out prospect matches.
After this, the hobbies and interests must be discussed. Most of the time people want to find a partner that is compatible to them in terms of tastes and hobbies. List your favorite activities, books, movies, and music.
They also want to know about your abilities and skills. On the other hand, you have to be honest in presenting these types of details. Getting them to notice your matrimonial resume is not your only goal.
Your work background should also be discussed briefly. You want them to know what you do for a living and how you support yourself. State your position and the company name in a chronological manner.
Education history follows this section. Just list the courses you have taken along with your achievements, if you have any. Finally, list your preferences for your partner such as preferred characteristics, skills, and physical details.
Matrimonial Resume Format and Example
(012) 345 6789
- Status: Single
- Age: 24
- Birth date: April 9, 1985
- Height: 5’5″
- Weight: 110 lbs.
- Complexion: Fair
- Hair Color: Black
- Built: Slim
- Occupation: Public Relations Officer
HOBBIES AND INTEREST
- Favorite Outdoor Activites – mountain climbing, trekking, camping, swimming, and jogging
- Favorite Sports – Badminton, Wall climbing, and Surfing
- Favorite Books and Literature – Fiction, Mystery, Romance, Jazz Age, Shakespeare, Modern Literature, and African Literature
- Favorite Music – Plays guitar and piano, Loves alternative, jazz, soul, and funk music
- Favorite Movies – Brokeback Mountain, Batman, Titanic, and Wicker Park
- Favorite Cuisines – Italian pasta, French pastries and main dishes, Japanese main dishes and suchi
- Languages Spoken – English and French
- Other hobbies – Watching television, cooking, and dancing
- Other interests – animals and arts
- Skilful in organizing events maintaining public relations
- Good in written and oral communication
- Knowledgeable in computer applications, such as MS Office and Adobe Photoshop
- A good cook
Public Relations Head 2007-present
New York, USA
- Heads all public relations strategies of the different brands of avons
- Oversees all public relations events of the company
- Works with a team to plan activities for the company
Events Organizer 2006-2007
New York, USA
- Works with the public relations head in organizing external events for Avon
- Oversees events of the company
Newspaper Columnist 2003-2006
The New York Times
- Writer for the student column
Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication 2002-2006
University of Chicago
- Dean’s Lister, 4 semester
- Graduated with honors
- Responsible, with good job, and with a reputable background
- With sense of humor, outgoing, and nice
- Good-looking, fair skinned, and physically fit