Whether for art shows, architectural designs, public parks or home furniture and fences, the Metal Works Artist creates beautiful crafts in cast iron, brass, copper, bronze and even precious metals in jewelry crafting. Using torches, smelters, foundries, and other tools, the artist manipulates and molds metals with specialization in any of the various metals commonly used in the craft. A resume as a metal works artists require a portfolio of works.
Metal Works Artist Resume Format
Thelma L. Frazer
Binney St., Boston, Massachusetts
Phone: (617) 133-6877
A position as a metal works artists or craftswoman in a large foundry for making furniture
Summary of Qualification
- 7 years of experience as a metal works artists in crafting cast iron and other metals in art exhibits and festivals, 5 years of which were used in crafting jewelry pieces for a local goldsmith.
- Wide experience in working with gold, silver, brass, copper and steel.
- Engaged in metal works as a hobby since high school
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Freelance Metal Works Artist for various architectural firms
- Meet with clients to gather specific requirements for crafting front lawn or garden furniture
- Research current and historical design trends in metal furniture designs
- Keep abreast about new techniques on metal crafting.
- Travel around the world for exhibitions of works and provide metal sculpting lectures in various schools and colleges
2003 – 2007: Precious Metal Works Artist, FineWorks Select, Boston
- Sketch ideas and plans for each jewelry creation
- Use various techniques to create ornamental and functional items
- Awarded 2008 Most Outstanding Artist in metal works by the Boston Institute of Arts and Crafts
- Portfolio on metal works available during interview
2004: Diploma in the metal crafting, Foundry Institute
1990 – 2003: Bachelor of Fine Arts, Boston University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request