The Motor Vehicle Inspector implements the government’s state and federal laws on road vehicle usage, ensuring compliance with road vehicle safety, emission and mileage efficiency standards. This applies to both local and imported vehicles of varying weight and class. The profession is often found in government or federal motor vehicles inspection centers but are also needed in private companies with a fleet of road vehicles used in their operations.
Motor Vehicle Inspector Resume Format
Jeff Mario F. Davis
Main St.,Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: (480) 654-3098
To work as a motor vehicle inspector in a large commercial or industrial firm with a fleet of vehicles
Summary of Qualification
- 5 years of experience in providing inspection services for a private firm contracted by the government to provide vehicle inspection services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French and Spanish
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Motor Vehicle Inspector, URS Corporation for the Federal Support Services, Inc., Arizona
- Inspect road vehicle body conditions, accessories, pneumatic and hydraulic lines and electrical circuits, and report needed repairs.
- Perform emission testing on passenger and commercial vehicles to check if they pass maximum carbon emission level as per federal laws.
- Apply inspection sticker to vehicles that pass inspection, and rejection sticker to vehicles that fail.
- Recommend to owners regarding action plans to bring their vehicles to comply with federal requirements.
Received management commendation for exemplary high performance levels since 2006 along with commendations for perfect attendance in 2008 and 2009
2005 – 2008: In house seminars and workshops on emerging fuel alternatives, power efficiency and safety requirements for road vehicles.
2002 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Automotive Engineering (undergraduate), Purdue University Indianapolis
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request