Music and recording celebrities often get a break with the right talent manager providing the opportunities and sure deals for a recording project. They promote talents in a highly demanding industry where your talent can be monetized. Most specialize in either the studio recording or concerts, while some do both. Talent management can be performed by a talent agency or by one-man operation
Music Talent Manager Resume Format
Francine B. Palmer
South Ville, New York City
Phone: (212) 667-8354
Provide proven talent management services for emerging and established musical artist with negotiable commission rates and wide network of producers.
Summary of Qualification
- 12 years of experience as a talent manager for a number of celebrities in the recording industry
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Excellent command of the verbal and written English language.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Freelance Talent Manager
- Sustain close business partnerships with record producers and other talent promotions agencies.
- Advice talents of their royalty rights and copyright limitations Look around for new talents by attending performances in clubs, pubs, hotels, theaters and school programs
- Provide financial and logistic support for budding new artists coming in for auditions from other states.
1998 – 2004: Talent Manager, Virgin Records, Plc
- · Maintain professional and friendly relations with stable of artists and talents
- · Review commission structure as required for entering into new contracts or renewing management deals
Portfolio of talents discovered and developed available on requests during interview
2000 – 2001: MBA, New York State University
1994 – 1998: BA in Musicology, New York Academy for the Performing Arts.
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request