To remain competitive in cutthroat markets, a brand needs to be continuously offering new products to existing markets or expand to new markets. To this end, the New Product Planning Manager makes this possible by conducting research on emerging market needs and changes in the demographs and lifestyles. Going past what the product development department does the New Product Planning department works to market and position new products.
New Product Planning Manager Resume Format
Gertrude P. Houseman
Belvedere, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 112-8890
To be a New Product Development or Planning Manager in a large manufacturing company in the telecommunications industry.
Summary of Qualification
- 13 years experience in the mobile phone industry first as a design engineer, then as a new product planning manager.
- Excellent organizational, people management, marketing, planning and interpersonal skills
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: New Product Planning Manager, Motorola Mobile Division
- Analyze market demographics and psychographics to determine buying preferences per market segment to confirm potential markets for new cellphones
- Present to management recommendations on market positioning of new cellphones.
2002 – 2008: Design Engineer, Motorola Mobile Division
- Provide design blueprint for cellphones for manufacturing purposes.
- Confer with marketing on popular and competitor cellphone features
- Part of team that poisoned Motorola cellphones as being exclusively using the Android OS
- Portfolio of new products re-positioned or released available on request during interview
1997 – Present: Various in-house and 3rd party seminars and workshops on emerging trends in cellphone technologies, AMOLED display technologies, Android OS, Multitouch Technologies.
1994 – 1997: BS in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request