The Nuclear Power Reactor Operator is part of a team responsible for operating a civilian nuclear power plant to generate electric power for consumers. Working from a safe distance in a control booth, the nuclear power reactor operator monitors and controls the nuclear fission reactor to generate the raw energy to drive electric generating turbines
Nuclear Power Reactor Operator Resume Format
George D. Scoffield
Webster Groves, St Louis, Missouri
Phone: (314) 556-1823
To work as a Reactor Operator in a Nuclear Power Plant of a major city
Summary of Qualification
- 11 years of experience in operating nuclear power plants in two states.
- Above average comprehension and analytical skills to troubleshoot nuclear reactors and power plant equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – 2009: Nuclear Power Reactor Operator, Callaway Plant, Unit 1, Missouri
- Assist the Senior Nuclear Power Plant Operator in monitoring the reactor level, operating the control console and alerting the plant engineer for potential problems
- Ensure strict compliance with safety requirements and service bulletins as issued by the plant lead safety engineer.
- Ensure safe disposal of all radioactive waste materials in compliance with federal state rules.
1999 – 2004: Junior Nuclear Reactor Operator, San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, Unit 2, CA.
- Assist the power plant manager in the administrative paperworks in operating the nuclear reactor.
- Undertake and pass all training programs sponsored by plant management
Cited Employee of the Year in 2000, 2003, 2006 and 2009 for perfect attendance and consistent high performance ranking throughout each of these years
2002: passed the NRC licensing requirement
1996 – 1999: BS Nuclear Physics, UCLA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request