Operations research (OR) analysts or more commonly known as Management Scientists are basically problem solvers suing scientific statistical methods. They are tasked to apply analytical research disciplines and mathematical models to enable management to formulate polices, make organization and operational improvements and other solutions for corporate problems. OR analysts are employed in nearly all industries to manage time, money people, and resources to meet business objectives.
Operations Research Analyst Resume Format
Sophia B. La Torre
Fairmont Ave., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone: (215) 980-5564
To be the lead socio-political research analyst for a think tank or financial consultancy company
Summary of Qualification
- 9 years of experience in research and the academe
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Career Experience/Job History
2001 – Present: Operations Research Analyst, Bechtel, Inc.
- Meet with departments heads for brainstorming session to question why things are done as they do and create models to represent current situation with the purposes of identifying operational bottlenecks and problems and simulating solutions and innovative ways of doing business
- Clarify objectives and see how operations meet these objectives
- Observe the current system in operation to use a model of comparison
- Apply Markov decision processes to determine capital requirements for addressing emerging new markets.
- Received commendations from management for the adoption of OR finding in solving process bottlenecks in a client firm
- Published OR studies available on request during interview
2000 – 2001: Masters in Mathematics, Salus University, Elkins Park
1997 – 2001: BS in Computer Science, UCLA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request