Physical metallurgical engineers design and implements the equipment and process for the safe and cost effective extraction, development and processing of metals and minerals for industrial and commercial use. Metals in their natural state are often too weak or too brittle for commercial use and these engineers develop the alloying methods that give us carbon steel, extruded aluminum, reinforced steel, titanium, etc. They may specialize in corrosion treatment, semiconductors or pyrometallurgy and hydrometallurgy.
Physical Metallurgical Engineer Resume Format
Engr. Devlin R. Hollman
Paseo De San Antonio, San Jose, CA
Phone: (408) 897-8956
To work with a team of metallurgical engineers in a large metal extrusion factory
Summary of Qualifications
- 9 years of experience as a metallurgical engineer in a large mining company.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills in English.
Career Experience / Job History
2003 – Present: Physical Metallurgical Engineer, CAS Hanwei
- Conduct research on the properties of iron and their reaction to applied forces with the view to enhancing their properties
- Use mechanical, chemical and thermal forging and tempering treatments to modify steel alloy properties
- Conduct physical and chemical analytical researches on iron and steel,
- Document failure analyses and other studies and recommend material selection, materials strengthening and impregnation, corrosion control, materials testing and other procedures
- Supervise foundry and smelter technicians and other engineers
Assisted the team that perfected the alloying and forged folding process for high grade tempered carbon steel in making premium Japanese katana swords
1999: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1992 – 1996: Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering, MIT, Boston, MA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request