Police Chiefs acts as overall executive of a given governmental police department. It is in accordance with the authority delegated by board of police or through government policy. They primarily promulgate rules and regulations for department as delegated by regulating code. They coordinate daily police assignments and activities through subordinates and also coordinate internal investigation among members of the department for alleged wrongdoings. They are also engaged in direct office activities such as preparation of department budget proposals, maintenance of police records and recruitment of staff. They negotiate with government officials for budget appropriations. They also inform the public of goals and programs of the police force for better coordination and foster harmony with the public.
Police Chief Resume Format
Finsbury Park, LondonN4 5LN
Assistant Chief of Police Officer seeking a position as Police Chief with the goal of preserving law and order, averting and discovering crime, and designing and enforcing functional traffic regulations
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of experience as an Assistant Chief of Police Officer
- Strong knowledge of the code and policies in over-all crime prevention, detection and investigation
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Power Point etc
- Professional interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Strong management, crisis and response and budget planning skills
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Assistant Chief of Police Officer, London Police
- Spearheaded the advance training of subordinates in Discipline Management Skills, Law Enforcement Specialized Training, Human Resource Management and Case Investigations.
- Collaborated with higher officials in Crime and Intelligence operation that led to the arrest of high profile syndicate members
- Prepared Annual Budget Plan of the Operations Group and successfully received Municipal Officials Approval
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.